Joy Through Crafting With Craft Genius
Craft Genius was conceived when CEO Jolie Raufeisen attempted to make a paint pour project for her daughter’s high school graduation party — and it ended up being a huge flop! A new vendor this year at the Christmas Gift and Hobby Show, find out more about this exhibitor with a mission to bring people joy through crafting.
Q: How did Craft Genius get started?
"After watching YouTube videos to help Jolie with her paint pour project, she anxiously went to the home improvement store to find one needed supply, to two different craft stores to find another supply, then to a discount retailer to find yet another supply needed. After running around for several hours and spending close to $50, the project was a huge flop! She wished there was a company that provided all of the supplies needed, in appropriate quantities, with help to make sure the project was a success.
Jolie and her partner, Crystal, had been crafting together on Friday nights for years, so Crystal was the first one Jolie told about the idea, and things took off from there.
Since both founders wanted to help others as well as share their love of crafting, they started a Master Crafter program where anyone who loves to craft as much as they do could earn income helping others learn new craft projects by bringing everything needed to product a unique, guaranteed work of art to Crafters."
Q: What kind of products do you offer to your customers?
"The goal when creating Craft Genius Class Boxes was to offer a variety of mediums for each class so Crafters could discover what they most enjoyed, then have an opportunity to purchase a Craft Genius Craft Box using their favorite mediums on a larger project they could do on their own. Equally important was giving Crafters the opportunity to craft with their friends, so there is plenty of opportunity to chat, laugh and enjoy each other’s company without too much expense involved.
Craft Genius has three basic Craft Boxes:
• Candle Trio Class Box includes a custom pillar candle melt project, a glass candle holder to embellish and a jar candle pour where Crafters choose their favorite scent to make their candle unique.
• Clever Coaster Class Box includes four coasters with different mediums including mosaics, decoupage, alcohol inks and alcohol markers.
• Relaxation Class Box includes everything to make a body scrub and bath bomb with the color and fragrance the Crafters choose.
In addition to the basic Craft Class Boxes, Craft Genius offers Seasonal Craft Boxes to make sure Crafters consistently have opportunities to experiment with different crafts and mediums.
There are also Holiday Craft Class Boxes:
• Ornament Class Box includes four different ornaments chosen by the VIP Crafter (Host) for Crafters to create and keep for themselves or give as gifts.
• Wreath Class Box includes supplies for creating a wreath using non-traditional materials, such as a pool noodle or cardboard, to make the wreath form and everything needed for Crafters to make their own unique project using similar materials.
• Christmas Décor Class Box includes crafts for decorating more than your door or tree, such as a winter hat garland, stuffed snowman or other holiday accessory chosen by the VIP Crafter."
Q: What are you working on for this year’s Christmas Gift + Hobby Show?
"We are excited to bring the joy of crafting to Indianapolis by offering Quick Craft Boxes and Wreath Craft Boxes at the Christmas Gift and Hobby Show, which include everything needed to make a wreath, an ornament or set of ornaments. There are dozens of options for wreaths and ornaments to create, and most are customizable with colors, embellishments and fabrics."
Q: Why are you excited to be a new exhibitor this year?
"Having attended the Christmas Gift + Hobby Show for many years, we may be the first exhibitor to bring hobbies to the shoppers and get people excited in crafting again. We will not be offering completed projects for purchase because we want to share the joy and pride that come with creating! Most of our Craft Boxes at the show allows shoppers to create their own wreath or ornament for less than it costs to purchase a similar pre-made item from a retail store. We think people will be excited to make Christmas decorations with a modern vibe!"
Q: Why should people come see you at the Christmas Gift & Hobby Show?
"We hope everyone who visits our booth is inspired to create. Whether an item is purchased or not, we will share our love of crafting throughout the week by offering demonstrations, opportunities for attendees to learn a new craft and mini-craft giveaways."
Come see Jolie and Crystal at the 2019 Christmas Gift + Hobby Show from November 6-10 at the Indiana State Fairgrounds!